When you lose teeth from decay, injury or other diseases, it is possible for the dentist to bring back your smile. This is made possible by use of crowns and bridges. For severely damaged or distorted teeth, crowns will offer you the best long term solution. They are customized tooth shaped coverings that help in rebuilding and strengthening damaged teeth. On the other hand, dental bridges are used to fill gaps left behind after losing a teeth.
They are fabricated from porcelain a strong material that matches the exact tint of the lost tooth. Dentists use them in situations where you have a tooth that is much damaged. They are produced as per each patient’s tooth specifications. Once fit on your teeth, they permanently bond with it. Porcelain the material used to make it is said to mimic the natural qualities of human enamel hence crowns are aesthetically pleasing.
Benefits of using crowns
- They can be used to restore cracked, decayed, worn out teeth and useful towards strengthening teeth after a root canal treatment. One can also use them if they want to improve the appearance of discolored, crooked or malformed teeth.
- They also protect the teeth from further decay and erosion keeping the patient’s smile in order. They help you hide a chipped out tooth or a front tooth that does not look good. A smile is everyone’s confidence. Hence they restore that self-confidence by bringing back your amazing smile.
- With decaying or eroding teeth, one’s health is always in danger. Dental crowns, however, protect you from dangers or diseases that could arise from decaying or rotting teeth.
These can be used in the restoration of a single tooth or several of them. They make use of prosthetic tooth fused in two dental crowns and fitted effectively in the gap left by a lost tooth. They blend with the other teeth very well and even reflect light just the way natural teeth does. You should get an installation of a bridge from a doctor who is well qualified and certified by the required laws of your country.
Benefits of using bridges
- The gaps left after losing a tooth affects our biting ability. A bridge comes in and restores fully our biting ability even after losing teeth. Apart from that, they prevent the shifting of the other teeth left; they tend to shift trying to fill the left out gap an action that leads to a distorted dental formula.
- Missing teeth too affects our smiles and chewing ability. Bridges play the role of giving back a smile and chewing ability. If properly fitted, a bridge will maintain the appearance and shape of the patient’s face.
The mouth is one of the most important parts of the body. And in this case, the teeth make a large percentage of it. Without properly working teeth, our eating ability is affected, we cannot smile well, and our whole body will not be properly functioning. Getting a bridge or a crown is not just for the gaps or damaged teeth, but for the well-being of the whole body.